Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Surprise Visit

We got an unexpected visit from Mommy Sharon and Daddy Jack.  They used to babysit me when I was a baby.  They took a detour on their way home from a trip to visit family in Arizona and ended up at our house for the night!   There have been several occasions when my kids have gotten to spend time with them and they love them as much as I do.  It just melts my heart to hear Travis say "Daddy Jack".  Whenever we are able to see them, I have to get a picture to remember the occasion.  This time, the boys wanted a picture with just them and Daddy Jack.  It will definitely be a treasured picture.  I love that Daddy Jack loves my kids, just like he loves me.



And Mommy Sharon is my Baby Whisperer.  She is the one who has advice for every situation.  She has kept over 400 foster babies and she knows all the tricks.  Daddy Jack even told me that pediatricians used to ask her for advice when she was in the thick of foster parenting.  She has made beautiful birth samplers for my boys and Alaina's will be ready soon.


I am so thankful for the short visit. I don't miss the value in every encounter and every moment the older I get.   Life is so short and phases pass so quickly.   I couldn't help but cry when I mailed Alaina's birth announcment to my grandmother.   I want so badly for them to meet, but as quickly as the thought entered my mind, it rushed out as I was filled with the image of heaven and how much more important it is for them to be together in heaven.  An earthly visit would be nice, but heaven is so much better.

No comments: