Thursday, July 21, 2011

It's Outta There!

Travis lost his first tooth tonight!  It has been loose forever and about a week ago he finally mentioned that it seemed looser than before.  Uh, yeah!  It was really loose!  But it wasn't quite ready to come, so we said maybe another couple of weeks and then it would be ready.  Well, you know how tempting it is to keep wiggling that tooth.  And wiggling.  And wiggling!  I have to go to work tomorrow and it was so loose that I was sure it would come out while I was gone unless we took some decisive action tonight.  So when Daddy got home we tied some yarn to the tooth and I did a quick yank and it was out!  I think Travis was more surprised than anything.  After some rinsing and sucking on ice, he was in good spirits and we did a little skyping with the family to share the news.

Fortunately we did some crafting this afternoon to prepare for the big event.  I had been intending to make a tooth fairy pillow for Travis for about 6 months, but it never seemed urgent.  That got stepped up a little and today was the day.  It was good that I had done some research and had a plan, but I just needed a design.  So Travis picked pirates for the theme and we went to the craft store for a few supplies.  This was easy and very cheap!  A few pieces of felt and ribbon and we were set.  Most of it is glued with just the main body sewn plus the pocket on the back for the tooth, which gets exchanged for pirate treasure, I mean money.  Travis helped with the gluing.  He loved helping me so in a way I glad I waited until the last minute.  It's supposed to be a pirate tooth, and I know teeth are normally white, but Travis got to pick the color for the tooth and that's what he chose.  I say he lives on a boat in the sun so he has to be tanned.

It was another BIG first for Travis.  The beginning of the end of baby teeth, and the beginning of the end of thumb sucking.  I think that one's going to be a whole lot harder...








No comments: